Sod & Seeding
Whether you need help installing a brand new landscape or revitalizing your current one, sod or seed can help you get the lawn you’ve always wanted. For expert seeding and sod services in Clayton, Garner, Smithfield, Wilson and surrounding areas of North Carolina, there is no better company for the job than Carolina Curb Appeal.
Not only do we have more than a decade of experience in the landscape industry, but our professionals are available every step of the way through your lawn renovation project. From the initial consultation to cleaning up your yard after we are finished with seeding or sodding, you can rely on us to get the job done right the first time.
The Best Types of Grass Seed for NC
At Carolina Curb Appeal, we provide a customized plan to make sure your new lawn has the ideal conditions to establish and thrive. Our landscape professionals have experience installing and servicing the most common North Carolina grass types, including:
- Zoysia Grass (Warm Season). Zoysia grass produces a very drought- and wear-tolerant lawn that grows well in full sun and light shade. It has stiff leaves that produce a very dense turf, which people often describe as feeling like “walking on a cushion.” Zoysia grass grows more slowly than Bermuda grass, and thus requires less frequent mowing. Zoysia grass is very drought resistant. It rarely needs irrigation to survive in North Carolina.
- Bermuda Grass (Warm Season). Bermuda grass is extremely tolerant to drought, grows rapidly on any type of soil except where drainage is poor, and makes a good turf if fertilized and mowed low and often. It forms a dense, durable surface when grown in full sunlight, and withstands wear and traffic well.
- Fescue Grass (Cool Season). Tall Fescue grass is a reliable performer and is the best grass to plant if you want a year-round green lawn. Tall Fescue is disease-resistant, as well as drought- and cold-tolerant. Fescue also withstands moderate traffic and persists with minimum care. Irrigation is generally required to maintain its green appearance along with reseeding each year due to excessive summer stresses.
- Centipede Grass (Warm Season). Centipede grass is a slow-growing, coarse-textured grass that is best used as a low-maintenance, general-purpose turf. It requires little fertilizer once established and infrequent mowing. It grows well on acidic soils in full sun and partial shade. It does not tolerate traffic, compaction, high soil pH, high soil phosphorus, excessive thatch, drought or heavy shade.
- St. Augustine Grass (Warm Season). St. Augustine grass is a fast-growing turfgrass with a medium- to dark-green color and coarse texture. With proper maintenance, it will provide a dense, lush lawn. St. Augustine grass is shade- and salt-tolerant and best adapted to the coastal plain. Its lack of cold tolerance is a limiting factor that should be considered for most North Carolina locations.
Sod Installation & Grass Seeding Services
We take pride in proper sod installation so that your turf has everything it needs to be well-established, healthy and beautiful for years to come. Carolina Curb Appeal also offers the following sod and seeding services in Clayton and Garner so that your lawn can thrive year-round:
- Soil and lawn analysis
- Over seeding
- Complete lawn and turf services
- Lawn and plant care
Seeding vs. Sodding: Which Is Better for Your Triangle-Area Lawn?
Sod or seeding –– how do you know which option is right for your home’s lawn? Whether you’re interested in learning how to reduce irrigation, when and how to properly fertilize, or even what height to mow your lawn, it all starts with what type of grass you have.
North Carolina has a transitional climate which means the weather can be too hot for cool-season grasses or too cold for warm-season grasses. Let Carolina Curb Appeal evaluate the amount of sunlight, drainage and traffic conditions currently on your landscape, along with your aesthetic, economic and maintenance preferences to recommend the best seeding or sodding option for your lawn.
Contact Carolina Curb Appeal Today!
If you are interested in getting a professional opinion on lawn seeding and sodding options, please don’t hesitate to contact Carolina Curb Appeal today at (919) 796-0045.